2. Relationship to Other Agreements
During the course of your use of the Website, you may choose to agree to be bound by certain other agreements. For example, if you wish to join Sciety as a member, you must enter into a Membership Agreement, and if you wish to seek fundraising through Sciety, you will have to enter into a Fund Seeker Agreement. We refer to all of these other agreements as the “Platform Agreements”, since they set out the substantive terms that govern your relationship with us when you make use of our platform.
The Website Agreements will continue to apply to you even after you have agreed to a Platform Agreement.
3. Intellectual Property
The Website may include at any given time text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips and data compilations, and together with the Website’s page layout, underlying code and software we refer to all of these as “Content”.
All of the Content is the property of Sciety, our affiliates or third parties with whom we do business, and this means that it is protected by intellectual property laws and other relevant laws. This means that, except as provided by law, you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other way re-use material from the Website unless otherwise expressly indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by Sciety. For the avoidance of doubt, data mining or scraping the Website without the express written permission of Sciety is not permitted.
4. Links to Other Websites
This Website may contain links to other websites. Unless we expressly say otherwise, you should assume that these other websites are not under the control of Sciety or our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites, and we disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. Additionally, even if we include a link to another website on this Website, that does not mean that we endorse that other website or in any way recommend that you should use it.
With the exception of any specific promises made in a Platform Agreement to which you are a party, you need to be aware that:
- We make no warranty or representation (express or implied) that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure, or that all information provided will be accurate. .
- We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of the Website.
- No part of this Website is intended to constitute advice, and the Content of this Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- The Website is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis, and we give no warranty that it will be free of defects and/or faults.
- We accept no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from your use of the Website or any information contained in it, and you use the Website and its Content at your own risk.
6. No Waiver
9. Applicable law